It is part of your real estate lawyer’s job to make sure the closing process is smooth and understandable, so it shouldn’t be difficult to figure out how to pay your real estate lawyer!
That is why PropertyLegal.ca offers a simple flat fee structure for standard residential transactions so you know exactly what to expect to pay. The flat fees in the table below are inclusive of standard disbursements such as title search expenses, land registration fees, bank charges, software transactions and title insurance premiums.
$1,875* for purchase prices up to $500k, plus $160 per $100k above $500k (title insurance premium and placement)
* plus HST and LTT. Includes up to one “big 6” mortgage placement and up to one tenancy.
$1,475* for sale prices up to $500k, plus $100 per $100k above $500k
* plus HST. Includes up to one “big 6” mortgage discharge and up to one tenancy. Does not include independent legal advice fees, if required.
$1,475* for mortgage advance amounts up to $500k, plus $160 per $100k above $500k (title insurance premium and placement)
* plus HST. Includes up to one “big 6” mortgage discharge. Does not include title transfer legal fees, or independent legal advice fees, if required.
- Multi-Residential Property Closing – Call For Quote
- Commercial Property Closing – Call For Quote
- Recreational Property Closing – Call For Quote
- Power of Attorney Registration – $450 + HST
- Survivorship Application – $1,500 + HST
- Occupancy Closing – $750 + HST
- Assignment Closing – $2,000 + HST (in addition to purchase transaction closing costs if you’re the Assignee)
- Probate Application –Call For Quote
- Last Will and Testament – Call For Quote
- Independent Legal Advice – $350 + HST
- Private Mortgage – Lender Representation – $1,750 + additional fees and disbursements as required + HST. Call For More Information.
- Private Mortgage – Borrower Independent Legal Representation – $950 + HST (inclusive of all internal disbursements + one (1) mortgage payout)
- Trust Holding Fee – $350 + HST per month
Call in for any services not listed above.